For New Agents or For Older Agents Alike
Whether a newly licensed agent or a seasoned industry vet, we all appreciate real estate marketing tips and advice. Really, anything we can get our hands on for the shifting sands of the real estate housing market. Unfortunately, when we enter into real estate, marketing and branding advice isn't top on the list of support items we're exposed to and we're often left to our own devices to "figure things out" on our own. Sure, you may have some marketing advice from brokers that have earned their chops in the field and over the years, but let's look at some helpful tips & tricks when it comes to marketing for real estate businesses.
Real Estate Marketing & Promotion Resources
Apart from the above-mentioned hard truth about real estate marketing training and/or materials you should receive but don't, you do actually have a ton of educational and practical resources available to you as an independent REALTOR® or real estate specialist. You just have to know where to look, but perhaps more importantly, you have to know what to look for. For offline or real-world real estate marketing sources, you can start with the following:
- Your real estate testing facility (they'll likely have given you some offline, printed materials for real estate marketing)
- Your real estate exam instructor (if you weren't given any offline real estate marketing materials to work from, check with your real estate teacher)
- Friends & family that have been successful at real estate (to pick up on positive tips)
- Friends & family that haven't been successful at real estate (what not to do for your real estate marketing needs)
- Your broker (they will likely have given you some real estate business pointers already, so don't waste their time with questions you can look up online)
- Your peers in the office (but, like your broker, they'll be looking for ideas to market and promote real estate - don't waste their time)
- The library (don't knock it till you head there and see the free, offline real estate marketing resources available to the general public)
- Real estate marketing conventions in the area (if you want to know where most agents go for marketing tips, this is a good start)
- Local meetups in the area (you'd be surprised how many real estate marketing meetups there are in the area)
Okay, so those are just some of the obvious (and free), offline marketing resources for small real estate businesses that you have access to right now. But what about online resources for brand promotion for your real estate business? That's actually pretty easy (if not quite the list to share)! As with nearly any branding and marketing requirements for small real estate businesses or large brokerages these days, the internet is filled with best practices shared by marketing professionals. Let's explore...
- offrs.net (Scripts & Templates) - here is a wealth of real estate marketing scripts and templates
- offrs.net (Stats & Trends) - often overlooked, real estate statistics and trends can give you a marketing edge (fresh client and agent infographics too)
- offrs.net (Industry Insights) - this is the mother-load of real estate industry marketing tips and advice
- offrs.net (Industry Humor) - when looking for a reason for a cold-email... a funny real estate meme is gold
Obviously, there's a world out there for you to discover when it comes to online marketing resources for real estate. But that should get you started. Let's talk about some promotional tools for real estate businesses. We'll list out some of the basic marketing toolsets available to real estate pros, but then include some of the secret tools used by real estate marketing professionals to blow up their business taking advantage of real estate lead generation solutions, predictive analytics tools and so on. It's really quite fascinating stuff, but let's look at the basics of real estate marketing first...
- SWAG marketing materials for your real estate brand (don't under-estimate Stuff We All Get or SWAG for real estate marketing campaigns)
- Turnkey online print services for real estate promotional campaigns (beyond real estate business cards, think Open House signs, flyers and more)
- Real estate seller lead generation service provider (lists of real estate leads free of the clutter of those not really interested in moving)
- Predictive analytics for highlighting real estate lead generation leads (predictive analytics for real estate is here)
- Mass texting tools to promote your real estate business (how do you send text messages to hundreds of real estate contacts? Head here)
- Mass email marketing tools for promotion of your real estate brand (how to send lots of emails to real estate leads is a delicate thing - learn more here)
- Hand-written letter services for real estate marketing campaigns (handwritten letters make all the difference when it comes to open-rate)
- Direct mail or Postcard solutions for real estate marketing (keep an eye out for Direct Mail 2.0 which uses Big Data to save you marketing money)
There's a lot here and as the leading provider of real estate marketing services (both free with offrs.net and exclusive/paid solutions with offrs.com), we'd be lacking in our own marketing efforts if we didn't include ourselves on the list. So, don't shoot yourself in the foot by losing your own backyard (again, we license territories exclusively) or add more work to your real estate marketing load. Discover for yourself what offrs.com has for your real estate business's marketing needs. Speak with one of our specialists today!
Tags: real estate marketing 101, real estate marketing, real estate, realestate, marketing, promotion, branding, brand, promo, tips, advice, help